Football Writer for CaughtOffside
Location - London
Salary – 15-17k p/a. depending on experience
fanatix is looking to recruit a sports journalist to assist the team in ensuring a smooth day-to-day running of our online sports network by producing football content for ﬂagship websites CaughtOffside.com and fanatix.com/news.
- Responsible for sourcing and covering breaking football news
- Responsible for writing around 20 original articles per day, including transfer rumours, match reports, opinion pieces and features
- Responsible for finding the best viral football content on the net, including images, videos and GIFs
- Entering finalised content into the Content Management System (Wordpress)
- Distributing the content via Social Media channels
- Ensuring all SEO fields, Metadata, Keywords and description are entered currently onto databases
- Maintaining excellent attention to detail when entering content onto various systems and sticking to the guidelines at all times
- NCTJ-accredited qualification in journalism or some experience in online journalism
- Passion for football and excellent knowledge of the English Premier League and top five European leagues
- Awareness of key figures within football journalism industry
- Knowledge of digital media and social media, particularly facebook and twitter
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
N.B. The successful candidate will be required to work 40 hours per week, including regular weekend and evening shifts due to the nature of the sporting calendar.
We ask all potential employees to complete a short unpaid trial (expenses) prior to joining. If this is not possible, please do not apply.
More about the Company:
fanatix is a social network for sports fans. In order to ﬁnd out more, please see: www.caughtoffside.com or www.fanatix.com/news.
Or why not check out the fanatix iPhone and iPad apps at the App Store.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, C.V. and an example of previous work (a link is acceptable).