Even though the transfer window has slammed shut, ushering in the frigid pre January months, there are some surprisingly juicing rumours are wafting around the premier league. As well as brawls on planes, knighted managers being smashed in the nuts, and James Mcfadden scoring a ‘wondergoal’ against France we also have this lot:
– Chelsea are having a hearty sniff around bizarrely named Portuguese ‘wonderboy’ Kaby (Daily Mirror).
– Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has apparently been rebuffed in his attempts to sign Cagliari ‘wonder’ winger Pasquale
Foggia, but has been told that if he returns at the end of the season a deal may be on (Various).
– Mark Schwarzer is heading the queue to leave Middlesbrough – and he could leave for free next year (Various).
– Arsene is reeling from talks with ‘wonder’ striker Nicklas Bendtner, who wants a move, whilst Justin Hoyte wants to stay with the Gunners. For life. (Various)
– The Daily Mail which loves a good hearty piece of gossip as much as anyone says that Liverpool No 2 Pako Ayesteran has been sent on “gardening leave”, after falling out with his superior Rafa; Man Utd and Chelsea are waiting in the wings for him.
– Spurs Â£16.5m ‘wonder’ striker Darren Bent (possibly through fear of being compared with Thierry Henry) has stuck his toungue out at Arsenal, days before the derby, and accused Arsene of letting Thierry Henry go for far too cheap. (The Sun)
– John Gregory is slipping out of favour at QPR, and Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone in a combined effort of brainstorming have decided to replace him with Italian ‘wonderman’ Alessandro Costacurta (Guardian).
And if that isn’t enough for you we’ll leave you with this cracker:
Sheffield Wednesday will make a bid for Everton reserve-reserve-reserve (not wonder) keeper Iain Turner when the transfer window creaks back open in over 3 months time.