Menu

Tottenham Close in On Awesome £35m Trio: World Class Signings and Starlet In Harry’s Sights

Harry Redknapp aims to bring in top quality midfielders to White Hart Lane.

Vote for COS Now!

Get Tottenham Tickets at Fantastic Prices Now!

Join Our Facebook Fan Page for the Latest News/Rumours/Forums/Videos/WAGS/Funny Stuff/Features!

Joe Cole Chelsea 2008/09

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp continues to monitor Joe Cole’s contract negotiations with Chelsea in an effort to expand the White Hart Lane side’s options on the wing, while unsettled striker Roman Pavlyuchenko could finally be on his way out of the club, returning home to Zenit St Petersburg. (Independent)

Tottenham close to Sandro signing
Sandro, the Brazilian international midfielder, is set to become Tottenham’s first signing of the January window.

Tottenham have tracked the 20-year-old for several months, but they may have to be patient while work permit problems are overcome as he has played only once for Brazil’s full side.
There are also complications over the payment, believed to be £7 million, as his club, Internacional, own 70 per cent of his economic rights, with the remaining 30 per cent is held by third parties.

However, Sandro has described the imminent transfer as his “dream” move.
He said: “I want my future resolved as quickly as possible so that I can look forward to the next phase of my career. But I am ready mentally for a move to England and that would be a dream.
“I am motivated because English football is competitive, I am excited by the challenge and to play in some great stadiums is brilliant for any player.” (Telegraph)

Tottenham are set to make a shock move to bring former Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini back to north London.
Flamini has struggled to command a regular place with AC Milan this season and has been asked to play out of position at full-back.
The French midfielder is desperate to play first-team football in a bid to keep his hopes of a World Cup place alive. (Daily Mail)

Clearly the ace in this pack would be the signing of Joe Cole. A little over a year ago the suggestion that the Chelsea man could move to White Hart Lane would have seemed highly unlikely but since Harry Redknapp arrived at Tottenham things have changed remarkably and now talk of a potential move for the £14m rated England international is not so far fetched.

The links between Cole and Redknapp are deep and lengthy and given the hard time the attacking midfielder is having trying to win his place back at Stamford Bridge one would have to wonder whether the former West Ham man has had enough of waiting around and with time ticking on until the up coming World Cup Joe will need to be playing regular first team football to catch the attention of Fabio Capello.

Brazilian Sandro is all but at Spurs player and whilst the youngster may not be heading to the north London club until the summer Harry has got himself a great prospect in the 20 year old defensive midfielder and once again the capture of such a sought after property just shows the impact that Redknapp has had at White Hart Lane.

Mathieu Flamini scored a cracker for AC Milan last night but its worth remembering he was getting a very rare run out in the Coppa Italia and the Frenchman is still far from happy at the Italian club and like Joe Cole needs first team football to force his way into Raymond Domenech’s thinking for South Africa.


Don’t forget to check out Online Football Manager!

More Stories Harry Redknapp Tottenham Hotspur FC