Menu

Tottenham And QPR On Red Alert After Real Madrid Tell Ricardo Carvalho To Find New Club

Veteran could make Premier League return.

Tottenham and QPR are interested in signing Real Madrid defender Ricardo Carvalho, after the veteran was told he could leave the Bernebeu this week, reports Sky Sports.

The 34-year-old made just 8 appearances for Los Blancos last season and has been informed by boss Jose Mourinho that his services are no longer required in the Spanish capital.

Mourinho said ahead of Wednesday’s Spanish Super Cup second leg: “It’s his decision whether he wants to continue playing football or to stay at Real Madrid (for the rest of the season).”

QPR were thought to be close to finalising a loan move for the former Chelsea defender last week but boss Mark Hughes admitted that the move was not as close as had been reported.

Tottenham’s head-coach Andre Villas-Boas is also a fan of Carvalho’s but will only move for the defender if Michael Dawson leaves to join QPR.

Carvalho is therefore likely to have the option of either partnering Dawson at Loftus Road or replacing him at White Hart Lane.

The ex-Portugal international joined Real for £6.7m in 2010 after eight seasons at Stamford Bridge, during which he helped Chelsea to three league titles. Real are thought to be willing to allow Carvalho to leave on a free transfer.


La Liga tickets

Compare ticket prices for all the big games in the Spanish league with tixdaq. Buy Real Mardid tickets, Barcelona tickets, Valencia tickets and Atletico Madrid tickets and many more with the leading ticket comparison site.

More Stories QPR Real Madrid CF Ricardo Carvalho Tottenham Hotspur FC