Fulham On Verge of Sealing £5m Deal for Aston Villa Striker Darren Bent

Posted by

Cottagers have already had two bids for unwanted forward rejected by the Midlands outfit. 

Check in to Transfer Window: Done Deal Alerts

Fulham are said to be confident of securing a £5 million deal for unsettled Aston Villa front man Darren Bent by close of business on Friday, according to reports in the Guardian

The England international has already been told by Villa head coach Paul Lambert that he has no future at the club next season and should start looking for a new club before the summer transfer window slams shut once and for all for the year on Sept 2.

Initially though it had been thought that the 29-year-old would be moving to Newcastle United, however, Magpies boss Alan Pardew has since decided to switch his focus to Queens Park Rangers forward Loic Remy instead, with the Geordies hoping to be able to tie up a loan deal for the highly rated France international shortly.

And that has now cleared the path for Cottagers manager Martin Jol to make his own move for Bent, with the west London club already having had two bids for the player rejected by Villa, the second of which was for £4m.

However the Dutchman, now financially backed by new US owner Shahid Khan, is set to return with a third offer of £5m on Friday for a forward who has netted 25 goals in 64 matches for Villa to date.


More Stories Aston Villa FC Fulham FC