Spanish playmaker unhappy with current role in Chelsea team.
Unsettled Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata will seek to force through a move away from Stamford Bridge as soon as the transfer window reopens again in January, according to reports in the Mail on Sunday.
The hugely talented Spanish international has so far only been used as a bit-part player in west London this season following the return of former head coach Jose Mourinho to the Blues earlier this summer, with the Portuguese coach said to feel the player is not ‘dynamic’ enough for the team when it comes to tracking back.
Mata, voted the club’s Player of the Year in the previous campaign, has so far started just the two Premier League fixtures under the self-styled ‘Special One’, the second of which came in Saturday’s surprise 1-0 Premier League loss to Everton at Goodison Park.
However, on each of those occasions the 25-year-old was given the hook by the Portuguese, with Mata lasting for just 56 minutes against the Toffees, and now the diminutive winger is said to be hugely concerned about his chances of featuring for the world and European champions Spain as La Roja seek to defend their global title at next summer’s finals in Brazil.
As a result, it is believed that if Mata’s first-team chances do not improve significantly between now and the turn of the year, then the Spaniard will ask to leave the capital.