Influential internationals should be back in action by the end of October.
Liverpool have received a double injury boost after Glen Johnson and Philippe Coutinho both revealed that they were already on the road to recovery following recent injuries picked up by the pair earlier this month.
England international Johnson suffered a nasty looking ankle injury against Premier League champions Manchester United in a top-flight clash at Anfield at the start of this month which saw the attacking full back carried off the pitch.
And the 29-year-old was then forced to wear a protective boot on his injured ankle, meaning Johnson was also unable to take part in either of England’s two Fifa World Cup qualifiers against Moldova or Ukraine earlier this month.
However, Johnson has since tweeted that the boot has now been removed and he will soon be training again, with the right back expected to be back in action before the end of October.
“This is finally coming off today! #MentalBoost,” Johnson tweeted on Monday.
Meanwhile, there was more good news for the Merseyside giants after Brazil international Coutinho also confirmed that he has now undergone successful surgery on the shoulder injury he suffered against Swansea City in the Premier League last Monday night.
The 21-year-old was forced off midway through the second half at the Liberty stadium following a tough challenge from Swans skipper Ashley Williams, but following corrective surgery on the problem, the playmaker says that he is now also hoping to be back to full fitness at some point next month.
“It’s annoying to get injured, especially when you are playing well, but that happens,” Coutinho told Globo Esporte.
“I now want to focus on my recovery and do everything right to be back as soon as possible to help Liverpool in the league.
“The surgery was a success and this is what matters the most. I’ll be back soon.”