A trio of Bundesliga clubs are said to be keen on signing the midfielder in the new year.
Unsettled Chelsea midfield player Kevin De Bruyne has absolutely no intention whatsoever of quitting the west London club when the winter transfer window reopens once again for business for the year in January, according to the player’s agent on Goal.com.
The highly rated young Belgium international was chosen by returning Blues head coach Jose Mourinho to begin the Uefa Europa League holders’ opening two Premier League matches of the new season, at home to newly promoted Hull City and away at champions Manchester United.
However, following those fixtures, De Bruyne has not been seen in a Chelsea shirt since, with reports even coming out of the club this week suggesting the ginger-haired player had been made to practice with the reserves after a series of underwhelming displays in training with the first team.
But despite not even being part of the Blues match-day squad for Tuesday’s key Uefa Champions League group-phase match at Steaua Bucharest, the 22-year-old’s representative has insisted that his client will not be leaving Stamford Bridge in the new year, but that he would instead “continue fighting” to get back in the Chelsea starting lineup.
“This summer we decided to stay with Chelsea, and we knew the competition would be hard and that Kevin had to fight,” Patrick De Koster told German sports daily Bild. “He will continue fighting.
“I have no contact to other clubs. Even if we were in the transfer period, I would not have any contact.”