Manager confirms ‘keeper will be staying.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has insisted that he is not looking to offload out of form goalkeeper Joe Hart by saying that he is going nowhere in January, Sky Sports reports.
Hart was dropped earlier this month after a series of high profile blunders, but Pellegrini has stated that the England international will be starting for the side in their Champions League clash with Viktoria Plzen on Tuesday.
Recent reports have linked the title contenders with a move for Stoke City stopper Asmir Begovic, with Hart heading in the opposite direction on loan, but the manager has insisted that there is no truth in the rumour whatsoever.
“There is a lot of news about six or seven goalkeepers that we want to buy but it is not true,” said the Chilean.
“There is no chance that Joe Hart could go out of this squad in January.”
Hart has sat out City’s last five games since his late mix-up with Matija Nastasic led to Fernando Torres’ winner in the 2-1 defeat at Chelsea.
England manager Roy Hodgson has said that he intends to stick with Hart as his first choice but there is a good chance that Hart’s absence in the City squad could continue next weekend.
“I think that is a question for next Saturday.
“When we start the next game of the Premier League we will talk about who will start playing.
“The important thing for Joe is that he will play tomorrow and we hope he will have a very good performance.”