Menu

Manchester United Boss David Moyes Told Bundesliga Forward Will Cost £40m To Buy In January

German star has been going through a relative dip in form of late.

Premier League champions Manchester United have been told that they will now have to break the bank when the winter transfer window opens again for business in order to land their number one target, Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus, according to reports in the Daily Mail.

Read more Manchester United transfer news

The new Red Devils head coach David Moyes is understood to have been keeping close tabs on the highly rated Germany international ever since the Scot took over from previous manager Sir Alex Ferguson in the Old Trafford dugout last summer.

However, a lot has changed since then, including the sum it will now take the Premier League giants to be able to entice Reus away from the Ruhr Valley when the January transfer window reopens next week, with the attacker originally having a £29.4 million release clause in his deal with the Bundesliga side that currently runs until June 30 2017.

But after Dortmund saw star man Mario Gotze quit the club to sign for arch-rivals Bayern Munich at the end of the previous campaign, that has changed, and now United will have to fork out a whopping £40m to lure the 24-year-old to the Theatre of Dreams in January.