Man United Transfer News and Rumours: Moyes Eye Baines Bid, Zaha In Line For Eagles Return

Posted by

We take a look at Wednesday’s biggest transfer stories involving Manchester United. 

Read more Manchester United transfer news

Leighton Baines

United still in for England full back

Everton have told Manchester United that they will need to cough up a whopping £25 million if they wish to land Leighton Baines, according to exclusive reports on Goal.com.

The in-form Merseyside giants are said to be bracing themselves for yet another move for their highly rated England international from the Premier League champions, who tried unsuccessfully on several occasions to lure Baines to Old Tafford during the previous summer transfer window.

However, Toffees head coach Roberto Martinez is adamant that his left back will not leave Goodison Park next month unless the Red Devils break the bank for the 29-year-old.

Zaha Training

Zaha in line for Eagles return

Manchester United manager David Moyes is set to send out-of-favour wide man Wilfried Zaha on loan to former club Crystal Palace in this month’s transfer window in order to give the England international some much-needed playing time in the second half of this season, says the Daily Mirror.

The young winger has barely been used by the Premier League giants so far in this campaign, however, the 21-year-old could now help the south-east London strugglers avoid relegation back to the Championship.

Ross Barkley Man United

United hit a brick wall in bid to sign England playmaker

Manchester United have no chance whatsoever of being able to sign brilliant young Everton playmaker Ross Barkley in the January transfer window, claims the Daily Express.

The Red Devils have been heavily linked with the new England international, but coach David Moyes’s hopes of being able to land the new superstar this month appear to be slim at best, with the Toffess determined that the player will still be at Goodison Park come the end of the season.

Moyes

Moyes won’t be held to ransom in bid to land new left back

New Manchester United head coach David Moyes is refusing to pay over the odds for a new left back in this month’s winter transfer window as the Scot continues his long-running search for a long-term replacement for France international Patrice Evra at Old Trafford, reports The Times.

Moyes is keen to lure either Everton’s Leighton Baines or Southampton’s Luke Shaw to the Theatre of Dreams in January, however, the Red Devils boss has been quoted an eyebrow-raising £25m by both the Merseysiders and the Saints respectively for each defender.

And as a result, the Premier League champions are now likely to switch their focus to Real Madrid’s unused left-back Fabio Coentrao instead.

Find out the top ten Ashes moments from England and Australia’s cricket rivalry here in this great piece from fanatix!

Find out the top 10 biggest match-fixing scandals in sport history.

More Stories Manchester United FC