Madrid have the Champions League semi-finals in their sights.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Barcelona prepare to appeal the decision from FIFA to prohibit them from signing players until June 2015.
– ‘The law of the strongest’.
– Real Madrid demolish their last Champions League tormentor. A great result which means they can travel to Dortmund comfortably.
– Pepe was enormous. More magic from Isco, Bale and a fine display from Casillas.
– Cristiano was as always.
– Everyone put in the yards, Florentino closes in on his seventh semi-final in the UCL.
– FIFA ban Barca from the transfer market. They are banned from buying and selling players for the next year due to irregularities in the signing of ten minors.
– Barca will appeal the decision. Ter Stegen’s arrival now in doubt. Halilovic also has to wait now.
– Diego Costa wants to be play against Barca. “I am doing everything”, he assures.
– A new Spanish assault in Europe. Porto v Sevilla and Basel v Valencia.
– Semi-final spot in view.
– Bale, Isco and Cristiano scores equalling Di Stefano’s record of 49. The Portuguese left the field injured and is a doubt against Real Sociedad.
– A great game from PSG, who lose Ibrahimovic and Verratti to injury.
– Diego Costa may not play the return leg, Arda Turan will rest against Villarreal.
– FIFA sanction Barca for illegal transfers of minors. They will not be able to sign a player until June 2015.
– A missile is thrown at Barca.
– FIFA prohibits the club from signing new players until June 2015. The world football authority imposes an exaggerated sanction on the club for signing players of 16 to 18 years.
– Barca respond defending their model and will fight the decision.
– Costa does not want to miss the return leg.
– Madrid have the semi-finals in their pockets.