‘Faith and football’, Germany overcome curse for European teams in South America.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Germany are praised following their fourth World Cup triumph with victory over Argentina in the final.
– Faith and football.
– Germany capture their fourth star and the World Cup crowns the best.
– Joachim Low’s orchestra destroy the curse that prevented a European team winning in America.
– Germany risked more and Mario Gotze repeated Andres Iniesta in the 112th minute.
– The referee excused a second yellow for Javier Mascherano and Kun Aguero in extra time.
– James Rodriguez wins the Golden Boot and Manual Neuer chosen as the best goalkeeper. Lionel Messi disappears and FIFA give him the Golden Ball.
– Real Madrid start pre-season. The Champions of Europe return.
– Toni Kroos already has a chosen squad number: He will play with No. 8.
– Germany unlock America.
– For the first time, a European team bring the cup back from the other side of the Atlantic.
– Gotze scored in extra time.
– Before that, Higuain, Messi and Palacio missed great chances.
– Scandal: FIFA choose Messi as the best player!
– James, Golden Boot.
– Neuer, Golden Glove.
– Paul Pogba, best young player.
– A Gotze goal in extra time gives the Germans their fourth title.
– Argentina stood up with a great Mascherano and Messi was chosen player of the tournament.
– It’s the first time a European team won on American soil.
– Lucho’s Barca start. Pre-season starts today under the command of the new Coach.