Pressure is on Higuain to lead Napoli past Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday night…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Italy as Manchester United resume their interest in Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal but have the door closed.
– Over to you Pipita – As Napoli prepare to face Athletic Bilbao, they place their trust in Gonzalo Higuain, who has netted nine times against the La Liga side. Aggregate score is 1-1, with Napoli having to score at the San Mames to have a chance of going through to the Champions League.
– Kostas Manolos, a new wall for Roma after they confirm sale of Mehdi Benatia to Bayern Munich.
– Juventus, challenge with Arsenal for Falcao.
– AC Milan wait on Fernando Torres yes, move for Fabio Borini begins.
– Napoli Champions League: get the ball to Higuain.
– Adriano Galliani searches for a striker for free, Borini and Torres lined up. No planning from the Rossoneri is criticised by the majority of the fans who are not impressed with the Torres idea. After Roma signed Manolas just hours after selling Benatia, it is clear that Milan could benefit from their example.
– Bamba and Gonzalez to Palermo.
– Man Utd back in for Vidal, Javier Hernandez included in negotiation.
– Milan, Torres heads the list, but Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado an option.
– Rafa Benitez, Champions League: “We’re not scared, we have to win”.
– Duvan Zapata lined-up to replace Alessio Cerci at Torino, the Italian subject to discussions with Arsenal.