Casillas, 15 years on from making his Madrid debut…
All the latest headlines from he newspapers in Spain as the build-up to the Madrid derby between Real and Atletico continues with both teams looking to focus.
– Double conspiracy.
– The leaders of Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid surprisingly sound the alarm ahead of the derby.
– Florentino Perez visited them at Valdebebas, as he did before the Champions League and Copa del Rey finals.
– Carlo Ancelotti focuses the team.
– Gil Marin organises a meal with all the squad so they can stick together.
– In search of goals: Karim Benzema needs to end his barren spell and Mario Mandzukic hopes for a repeat.
– James Rodriguez looks for revenge; he showed his best form in the Supercopa and wants to recapture that.
– Iker Casillas: 15 years in the headlines.
– He made his debut on September 12, 1999 at San Mames.
– Since then he has only missed one derby out of 29. The Spanish international has seemingly come through a difficult period in his career over the last few months and will be hoping to be an influential part of the team this season, both home and abroad.
– Diego Godin: “It gives us confidence to have beaten Madrid in league games and trophies”.
– A vital match.
– Luis Enrique believes the clash against Athletic to be a turning point and the first test of the season.
– Official: Barca will play in the Senyera tomorrow.
– 24 hours from the Madrid derby.
– Doubts over the fitness of Cristiano.
– Diego Simeone makes it clear: “To play well is to win”.