Chelsea’s Brazilian striker is going nowhere this summer, and here’s nine good reasons why…
The latest ridiculous transfer rumour doing the rounds is the potential move of Diego Costa to Real Madrid, as suggested in the Express.
The story is based on quotes from John Aloisi, who is perhaps not being entirely serious, although the Express have taken his words at face value.
The idea of the Brazilian striker moving from Chelsea to Real Madrid this summer is ludicrous for a number of reasons:
1) Chelsea won’t let a key player go to a direct rival.
2) Costa would not want to play for Atletico’s bitter rivals so soon after leaving the club.
3) If Real were interested they would have bid for him in the summer.
4) Madrid already have Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo, James Rodriguez, Karim Benzema, Isco, Jese and Javier Hernandez competing for attacking minutes.
5) This also means they have no space on their wage bill.
6) Real Madrid are in €600m+ debt already.
7) Chelsea are FFP compliant and have no need to sell.
8) There are no replacements of his standard on the market.
9) Costa suits Mourinho’s style better than any other striker in the world.
And so on. Diego Costa will remain a Chelsea player for some time, and when he does leave the Bridge, it won’t be to Real Madrid.