Vancouver lost 3-1 to Toronto last weekend.
Toronto beat Canadian rivals Vancouver Whitecaps 3-1 in the 2015 MLS curtain raiser last weekend.
Now, Vancouver-based football blog Away From The Numbers has published a hilarious list of potential excuses.
Even if you don’t know the players in question, it still makes great reading…!
Check it out…
(10) After watching him at Sunderland the Caps didn’t realize Jozy Altidore was a striker
(9) Instead of halftime oranges, Whitecaps players were allowed to try the newly launched BC Place food menu and couldn’t stop eating Vij’s new items
(8) Octavio Rivero’s early miss caused by a clump of dumped earth from earlier Monster Truck event
(7) Whitecaps players didn’t bother in second half as they kept waiting for the game to be abandoned
(6) Pa-Modou Kah incorrectly told that the CBA agreement stood for Clumsily Bring down Altidore
(5) Loss was all in Robbo’s “Seattle plan” – lose opener to TFC, give up two goals to their new DP, go on to win Supporters Shield
(4) Kekuta Manneh so used to coming off the bench he didn’t know he had to play another 45 minutes
(3) With the roof open, Steven Beitashour kept getting disoriented by the sun bouncing off Michael Bradley’s head
(2) Sebastian Giovinco was so small he kept running unnoticed through Kendall Waston’s legs
(1) Sorry, everyone here thought they were still shit