Manchester United target Sergio Ramos held a meeting with Real Madrid on Wednesday morning, and is said to have confirmed his desire to leave the club in the summer.
Earlier in the week, Guillem Balague told Sky Sports that the emergence of the 29-year-old’s unhappiness in the Spanish capital could simply be part of his negotiations to secure a new and financially improved contract with the La Liga BBVA giants.
It seems however that he could be incorrect as, according to Spanish newspaper AS, the Spain international – joined by his brother and agent Rene Ramos – informed Real’s managing director, Jose Angel Sanchez, on Wednesday morning that he is seeking a transfer this summer.
In a meeting at Valdebebas – where the club’s training camp is located – Ramos is said to have asked for offers for his signature this summer to be considered after growing disillusioned with life at the Santiago Bernabeu following his current club’s refusal to meet his wage demands of €10m per-year. He currently earns €6m per annum, and AS claim that he believes he is worthy of earning a similar wage to that of his superstar team-mates.
What’s more, Ramos is said to be furious that the club didn’t rubbish reports from Barcelona presidential candidate Jordi Majo that their fierce rivals were offered his signature at the election [AS].
Marca also revealed today that the former Sevilla star went to collect personal belongings from the training ground following the meeting’s end.
Manchester United are currently leading the chase for his signature, as Louis van Gaal is set to take advantage of Real’s interest in David De Gea. Ramos is rumoured to have admitted that he would like to move to Old Trafford, while De Gea has been open in his desire to return to Madrid. Louis van Gaal is poised to offer €30m plus the Red Devils’ No.1 to land the centre-back [via the Daily Star].