Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly facing the wrath of Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardrew over their pursuit of winger Wilfried Zaha this summer.
According to The Sun, Pardew ‘is livid’ that his star man has demanded a move to north London just hours before Spurs had made an official £12m bid.
While chairman Steve Parish has insisted that the player isn’t for sale, it hasn’t been enough to stem Pardew’s anger as he believes that Spurs haven’t gone down the appropriate avenues.
“The FA or Premier League should look at it. They have taken all the regulation out of that system and it’s showing a bit at the moment,” he said, according to The Sun.
“Wilf came to see me and said he believed there was some interest from Tottenham and may he go.
“I said, ‘I’ll speak to the chairman to see what the bid is.’ This wasn’t something that had been current for four days, it was literally Thursday.
“It broke from Tottenham’s end and we reacted to it. But we did not instigate the transfer and we didn’t put his name out.”
It’s added that the 23-year-old may be removed from the squad set to face Bournemouth at Selhurst Park on Saturday, as the Palace boss believes that he could be distracted by the talk over his future.
The pressure is certainly on Palace at this point as they have already sold Yannick Bolasie this month to Everton, and will be desperate to avoid losing another key man to a Premier League rival.
While the signing of Christian Benteke would have softened the blow, they’ve also lost Dwight Gayle and Mile Jedinak while moving to bring in James Tomkins, Andros Townsend and Steve Mandanda.
Having lost both of their opening Premier League games so far this season though, a win would be hugely important this weekend, while it remains to be seen whether or not Zaha now secures a move to White Hart Lane before the end of the month.