Barcelona are reportedly refusing to give up on Paul Pogba and have been linked with a fresh move for the Man Utd ace either in January or next summer.
The 25-year-old captained the Red Devils as they secured a 2-1 win over Leicester City in their opening Premier League game of the season on Friday night.
Despite having only returned to training earlier in the week after his exploits in Russia this summer saw him crowned a World Cup winner, it was seemingly a show of commitment from both sides to suggest that he is set to play a key role at Old Trafford this season.
As reported by The Telegraph though, Barcelona are said to have had a bid rejected for the French international already but have been tipped to return with a new offer either in January or next summer.
Given the transfer window closed in England last week, which in turn means Man Utd are unable to sign a replacement should he leave this month with business still open in Spain, it’s highly unlikely that they will even entertain the idea of letting Pogba leave now.
It comes after the former Juventus ace dropped a possible hint over his discontent at Old Trafford though, suggesting that he can’t speak his mind at the risk of being fined.
“If you’re not happy, you cannot give your best,” Pogba said, as per BBC Sport. “There are things I cannot say otherwise I will get fined.”
That doesn’t sound particularly encouraging from a Man Utd perspective, and so it remains to be seen as to whether or not he would accept a move to Barcelona, and perhaps more importantly, if the two clubs are able to reach an agreement on a transfer fee.
As their biggest talent in midfield and a key figure in their pursuit of success this season, this is undoubtedly far from ideal for United, although Barca are seemingly intent on adding another superstar to their ranks despite already boasting the likes of Sergio Busquets, Arturo Vidal and Ivan Rakitic in midfield.