According to some odd claims from transfer journalist Duncan Castles, Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has reportedly told his employers to sign Brighton defender Ben White.
United have been rumoured to be in the market for a new defender for quite some time.
It has been widely accepted that a new defender is among the Red Devils’ top priorities once the summer window opens.
Although Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is blessed with several first-team defenders, it is generally speculated that a new centre-back will be to partner Maguire, opposed to replacing him.
However, despite the long list of linked European defenders, according to journalist Castles, Maguire has informed the club’s hierarchy that he would prefer an English partner.
• ‘Evolution over revolution’ as Man Utd appoint Football Director
• Woodward supports Solskjaer
• Bailly offered improved contract
• Maguire asks for English centre-back partner
• Ronaldo ‘The Tom Brady option’?
• Dido Harding awardhttps://t.co/jEf3r0eHH3 pic.twitter.com/UHNSHLRchH
— Duncan Castles (@DuncanCastles) March 12, 2021
Castles claims that Maguire wants a partner alongside him who ‘understands English footballing culture’ and has reportedly recommended Brighton’s White as the ideal signing.
Is Erling Haaland actually a ‘robot built and controlled by his father Alf-Inge Haaland’? Read more.