To write for us you must:
- Be a good wordsmith with high editorial standards.
- Live and breathe football.
- Have the creativity to make a story bang by digging out the juiciest details and writing an original, eye-popping headline.
Writers may also be asked to occasionally operate our social media channels (training will be given).
Because the internet is full of the same old stories repeated over and over, we need yours to be different.
Can you make the web a more fun and interesting place for football fans?
Are you a talented and passionate writer who is keen to forge a career as a football journalist?
Do you have the ambition to learn and develop online techniques to maximise the reach of your work and get it viewed by millions worldwide?
If you are coming up with three fat yeses then we want to hear from YOU!
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Write for COS”.
As part of your application, please send us three headlines and three opening sentences (no need to write the whole article, but you must grab our attention!) for stories you think would work well on CaughtOffside, including:
- One short piece based on a video or photo from Twitter, Instagram or YouTube (include link to video).
- A news article based on a report from another website, newspaper or social media post (include link to original story/post).
- An original feature article, list or opinion piece.
Roles are home-based with shifts generally ranging between four and eight hours in length.