Menu

David Moyes Confirms Wayne Rooney to Make Manchester United Comeback on August 6th

Scot once again reiterates that England attacker is not for sale at any price this summer. 

Check in to Chelsea vs Hull City

Manchester United head coach David Moyes has stated that wantaway front man Wayne Rooney could be in line to return from injury as early as Aug 6, reports the Daily Mirror.

The unsettled England international is currently at the centre of a bid from rivals Chelsea, who last week submitted a formal offer of £25 million for the 27-year-old that was immediately rejected out of hand by the Premier League champions.

However the Red Devils, who are currently on their pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia, are said to be bracing themselves for a second bid from the Blues for their star man, expected to be in the region of £30m.

Moyes, though, is still adamant that the club want to keep hold of Rooney, who has found the back of the net on 197 occasions in just 401 matches in total for United since joining them from Everton for £25.6m in the summer of 2004.

And speaking in Yokohama the Scot even went as far as confirming that the forward was on course to make his comeback from the hamstring injury that cut short his pre-season tour in time to play for United in their final warm-up match in Stockholm before the start of the new Premier League campaign on Aug 17.

“Yes, he’s coming on,” said Moyes. “He’s doing light jogging now.

“The feedback I’m getting from home is that he is progressing. We have said he is not for sale and that hasn’t changed. Hopefully those dates are still on track.”


More Stories Manchester United FC