Brazil full back had been linked with a move to Brazil next summer.
Manchester United defender Rafael has rubbished recent stories suggesting he wanted to return to his homeland at the end of this season to play for Corinthians, according to reports on Football365.com.
The Brazil international has only just come back into the first team under new Red Devils head coach David Moyes after suffering a hamstring injury in the club’s season curtain raiser against Wigan Athletic in the FA Community Shield at Wembley Stadium in August.
Rafael, 23, started his first Premier League game of the new campaign against struggling Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Saturday afternoon, and has now dismissed the recent rumours stating he was eager to quit Old Trafford and return to Brazil next summer.
It had been thought that Rafael had wanted to be more visible to Selecao boss Luiz Felipe Scolari ahead of the World Cup finals next year, however, the attacking right back says that he wants to remain with the Premier League champions instead.
“I am not thinking about leaving Manchester United, especially since I did well last season,” Rafael told Brazilian publication Lancenet.
“There is no reason to leave now, I am playing here, I am a starter and I don’t intend to return to Brazil.”
Rafael has been at the ‘Theatre of Dreams’ since January 2008 when he and his twin brother Fabio joined the Premier League giants from Brazilian outfit Fluminense, with the full back having since gone on to score five goals in total in his 131 appearances in all competitions for the club.