Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted that he will be dipping into the transfer window next month to help maintain the side’s challenge for the Premier League title, the Daily Star reports.
The Gunners boss faced reporters earlier on Wednesday and confirmed that a deal to sign Basel’s defensive midfielder Mohamed Elneny was “90 per cent done”.
And though he refused to go into further details about who else would be on his New Year shopping list, he did confess that he would be working hard on getting a number of deals through the door.
“You know more than I do. Unfortunately we cannot announce anything at the moment about this player because nothing has been concluded,” said Wenger.
“I will be busy that is for sure,” said Wenger.
“I am already busy and I said already one month ago we are a bit short to deal with all the competitions we face, especially in midfield. We will be busy, yes.”
Messi to Man City: £120m-rated legend to earn £41.6m per year at Etihad
Our favourite darts walk-on girls: Stunning photos will blow your mind
Hottest football WAGs 2015: Wilshere’s new girlfriend joins Chelsea, Liverpool & Man United babes in top 10