Menu

Major Arsene Wenger update as Arsenal announcement in place

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has reportedly told associates that he will sign a new deal with the club, and an announcement will come next Saturday.

The French tactician’s current deal comes to an end this summer, and as of yet there has been no official word from the club regarding an extension.

With transfer speculation in full swing and ongoing suggestions that Wenger will remain at Arsenal, The Times claim that he expects to stay on having told close friends that a new deal will be announced after the FA Cup final against Chelsea on Saturday.

Further, it’s added that he will sign on for two more years and is believed to be pushing ahead with restructuring plans and targeting new players, despite expressing reservations about introducing a sporting director in a press conference last week.

All in all, it points towards the 67-year-old extending his stay at the Emirates, and that will undoubtedly result in a split reaction from supporters with a majority perhaps disappointed having put plenty of pressure on him this season by calling for him to be replaced.

The usual promises are seemingly set to be made in that Arsenal will significantly strengthen the squad knowing that they risk falling further behind their direct rivals, but it remains to be seen whether or not that plan is executed after Wenger has penned his new deal.

The Gunners of course have the chance to snatch a top-four Premier League finish on the last day of the season but that looks unlikely. However, they will have an opportunity to end the season with silverware, albeit only the FA Cup again, as they fell way short of winning the title or the Champions League for yet another year.

More Stories Arsene Wenger