Midfield ace said to be weighing up options.
Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas is believed to be weighing up his options following a second bid for his services from Manchester United, Sky Sports reports.
The Spanish champions have stated on numerous occasions that they do not want to sell the former Arsenal string puller, but United’s eagerness to bring him on board coupled with a lack of assurances over his status within the first team in Catalonia has caused him to rethink his stance.
Sources close to the club have suggested that they would be willing to sell for an offer in excess of £35 million but the club will leave the final decision up to the player and will not look to force him out.
A final decision on Fabregas’ future could now be made clearer, though, after the club appointed Argentinian Gerardo Martino as their new coach in place of Tito Vilanova, who resigned last Friday.
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique had earlier told United they were wasting their time trying to buy Fabregas and there were also reports in Spain on Monday that Barcelona had rejected United’s second bid which is reported to be £30million plus add-ons.
But manager David Moyes stated on Monday that he was still waiting for a response and that the club’s chief executive, Ed Woodward, was dealing with the bid.
Speaking at a press conference in Yokohama, Moyes said: “As I understand it, Ed had a response (to the first offer). We have made a second offer but Ed is dealing with it rather than me.”