Schalke Insist They Have Received No Bids for Liverpool Target Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Posted by

Brendan Rodgers is hoping to strengthen the Reds defence this summer following the retirement of Jamie Carragher.

Check in to QPR vs Sheffield Wednesday

Schalke’s general manager Horst Heldt has denied that the club have agreed to sell centre back Kyriakos Papadopoulos to Liverpool, Goal.com reports.

The Greek defender has been strongly linked with a move to Anfield this summer, with some reports suggesting that a £13 million deal had been agreed between the two clubs.

However, Heldt claims that no offers have been received for the 21 year old and he also said that the club are now preparing to welcome the defender back into the first team following a knee injury that he suffered in November 2012.

“There’s not a jot of truth in it,” Heldt told German newspaper Reviersport. “We have no offer for Papadopoulos. Neither from Liverpool or some other club”.

“On the contrary: we are very happy that ‘Papa’ is making progress and can be back soon, hopefully. We’re planning with him.”

Despite the club confirming that no bid has been received for the promising young centre back, Heldt did say that the club would be willing to sell the defender if the right offer was on the table.

He added: “If we receive an offer for him, we will come together and talk about that as we do with every player for us.”

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is hoping to strengthen the clubs defence this summer following the retirement of Jamie Carragher and could see Papadopoulos as a long term replacement to the Reds legend.


More Stories Liverpool FC Schalke 04