Menu

Liverpool Fear Near £50m Bid from Arsenal for Striker Luis Suarez

Gunners were stunned 3-1 at home by Villa on Saturday and now want to land a big-money new recruit. 

Check in to Transfer Window: Done Deal Alerts

Liverpool are said to still be bracing themselves for the imminent arrival of a new big-money bid from rivals Arsenal for wantaway front man Luis Suarez, according to reports in the Sunday Mirror.

The controversial Uruguay international has reportedly now apologised to the rest of his Reds team-mates for his poor attitude and behaviour over the past few weeks, as he attempted to force through a move to Arsenal this summer so as to be able to play in next season’s Uefa Champions League.

However, with the 26-year-old having been allowed back to train with the rest of the Liverpool first team after saying sorry, it had been expected that Suarez would now be staying at Anfield, at least for the rest of the season that is.

But the Merseyside giants are understood to still be bracing themselves for the imminent arrival of a third offer from the Gunners for Suarez, believed to be worth a club-record £50 million, following the north London club’s disastrous start to the new Premier League season on Saturday afternoon, when Arsene Wenger’s side surprisingly lost 3-1 at home to Aston Villa.

And that disastrous home defeat has meant that Wenger and Co will now go all out to bring in a big-name new recruit before the summer transfer window closes on Sept 2 in order to appease the restless Arsenal faithful, with Suarez said to be top of the Gunners’ wish list having scored 51 goals in just 96 matches for Liverpool since January 2011.


More Stories Arsenal FC Liverpool FC