Plenty of young Barca players were given a chance in last night’s Copa Del Rey match against Huesca, but one caught the eye in particular…
Barcelona scored eight goals in Tuesday night’s Copa Del Rey match, but undoubtedly the best was this solo run from Adama Traore:
But who is the Barca youngster? Here are the 10 key facts.
1) Last night was just his third Barcelona appearance: he appeared once in the league and once in the Champions League as a sub last year.
2) As you can see from his goal, he’s a fantastic runner with the ball at his feet. He attempted an astonishing seven dribbles in less than a half of football last night.
3) Even more impressively, he completed every single one of them.
4) He is a regular in the Barcelona B side – he made 26 Liga B appearances last season, and already has 11 this term.
5) Despite this, he is just 18 years old.
6) He has played for the Spain U16s, U17s and U19s, but has apparently switched his international allegiance to Mali – his parents’ homeland.
7) He has not made a senior appearance for the African country yet, so its not too late for Spain to persuade him to switch back.
8) He is a pacy, tricky winger who loves to burst down the touchline.
9) His speedy runs down the touchline have given him the nickname “the Arrow”.
10) He is just the second black Catalan footballer to play for Barcelona.