Menu

Joe Hart to Torino: Agent confirms European adventure for snubbed Manchester City ace

Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart will spend the rest of this season on loan at Torino, as confirmed by his agent on Tuesday.

The 29-year-old fell out-of-favour at the Etihad, losing his place in the starting line-up in the Premier League to Willy Caballero for the first three games of the season.

Further, City confirmed the signing of Claudio Bravo from Barcelona last week, and coupled with the obvious issues that Pep Guardiola had with Hart, it effectively forced him to consider his options.

Despite interest from England, Hart has opted for a new challenge in Serie A, where he will join Sinisa Mihajlovic’s side and hope to play an integral role in their continued progress.

“Yes, Joe Hart will play at Torino. It’s done,” his agent, Jonathan Barnett told Tuttosport, as reported by The Guardian.

“He has said ‘yes’ to the club and now Manchester City have given the OK. It’s all true, it’s certain.”

Hart had been on international duty with England but was given permission to fly out to Italy on Monday night to complete the deal, and he will likely be unveiled as a Torino player at some point on Tuesday.

It’s certainly a refreshing change from the norm to see an Englishman go out and play abroad, with Hart set to become the first English goalkeeper to play in Serie A since the league began in 1929, according to the Guardian.

Mihajlovic’s men beat Bologna 5-1 on Sunday to get their first points of the season on the board after losing to AC Milan on opening weekend. As the Serbian tactician now looks to continue the development work done by predecessor Giampiero Ventura, he’ll hope to rely on Hart in the months to come to help them compete for a place in Europe next year.

More Stories joe hart