- Manchester United’s £75m star is facing a make or break period with his recent form bleak to say the least.
- The United superstar’s confidence is reported to be in pieces with fans and pundits continually questioning his quality.
- Romelu Lukaku has failed to find consistent form in the last two months and is struggling to find the net.
- With Zlatan Ibrahimovic now back from injury the Belgian faces more pressure than ever.
- READ ALSO: Manchester United’s 28 goal superstar rejected Arsenal for this key reason, embarrassing story for Arsene Wenger
Romelu Lukaku’s confidence is reported to be in pieces with the star facing a make or break period at Manchester United.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s return from injury has heaped pressure upon the star who could lose his place in United’s starting eleven.
The Daily Mail have reported that Jose Mourinho has offered his support for Lukaku and has maintained that he believes the Belgian will start scoring regularly very soon. However, combined with the fine form of Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford alongside the return of Zlatan Ibrahimovic it could be a make or break period for the star.
The report suggests that the star’s confidence is visibly at an all time low with the added pressure of the Swede Ibrahimovic breathing down his throat helping to no extent to calm his fears that he could be frozen out of the plans at Old Trafford.
Lukaku is expected to start against Arsenal tonight but will have to impress otherwise there are likely to be even more question cast over the quality of the striker.
After singing for the Red Devils for £75m this summer the star hit the ground running scoring 11 times in his first 10 matches but has recently scored just once in his last eleven fixtures. (Fee per Sky Sports).
The pressure is firmly on for Lukaku and a disappointing performance tonight could ultimately freeze the star out of the United squad.