Di Maria and Messi ensure that Argentina prevail and will face Belgium.
All the latest headlines from the Spanish newspapers as Germany midfielder Toni Kroos is under the spotlight with Real Madrid said to be moving in to sign him.
– Kroos the best passer at the World Cup.
– No one has passed more and with more precision in the World Cup and the Champions League.
– Madrid? Now is not the time to talk about it.
– Neuer revolution. The keeper dazzles the world of football with his liberating performance against Algeria.
– Di Miracle. The Madrid player was the best and scored the winner just 6 minutes before penalties beckoned.
– Belgium come up against a Howard wall after 39 shots.
– Another excellent extra time.
– Fernanda Colombo. Being pretty has penalised me. An assistant referee in the First division in Brazil has become a celebrity.
– Sacchi: It would be criminal to oust Del Bosque.
– Francisco lets them off.
– The Swiss effort in the 120th minute miraculously hits the post.
– Argentina progress to the quarters with a goal from Di Maria and heavenly help.
– America-Europe, a four-all draw.
– Brazil-Colombia, France-Germany, Holland-Costa Rica, Argentina-Belgium.
– Belgium can only break USA in another spectacular extra time.
– Madrid already negotiating for Falcao according to L’Equipe.
– The sale of Diego Costa to Chelsea is official. €38m for Atletico.
– Barca meet today with Liverpool over Luis Suarez.
– Messi (Yes Messi). Messi made the Di Maria goal that avoided penalties and Argentina will play Belgium in the quarters.
– The Blaugrana star is the only player who has collected four man of the match awards in the four games played.
– The Belgians progress after a frantic extra time.
– Brazil believe in Neymar more than their psychologist.
– I want to make history. I said yes to Zubi as strongly as the day I got married. Rakitic impresses on his presentation.
– Barca and Liverpool meet today to sign Luis Suarez.
– The folders of Zubi 1. Xavi asks for time 2. Alexis, there are offers 3. Pedro, untransferable.
– Real Madrid. Iker and Diego Lopez to go and Casilla and Navas to arrive.