The Newcastle boss doesn’t know whether Cabaye will remain at St James’s Park beyond the end of the transfer window following interest in the player from Arsenal and Paris St Germain.
a href=’fanatix://eventid/500d2280034c7de25a000000/’ class=’in-app-event-link’>Check in to Transfer Window: Done Deal Alerts
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has said that Yohan Cabaye’s future is still unclear after the midfielder came off the bench in the Magpies 1-0 win over Fulham, Goal.com reports.
The French midfielder has been heavily linked with a move away from the club after Arsenal submitted a £10 million bid for him earlier in the month.
It is believed that Cabaye wants to leave Newcastle but Pardew has said that the Frenchman’s agent needs to make a decision about the midfielder’s future quickly as the Magpies want to have time to find his replacement if he does leave.
“We’ve told his agent ‘come on, play the game’ because we’ve got to replace him,” Pardew told reporters.
“And we can’t afford to replace him before he goes because we’re not sure he is going to go. So that bid needs to come in – if it’s coming in – early, if not it won’t happen.
“Well I think it won’t happen but you can never tell with this football club. We’ve got replacements in mind but we need to act quickly if that bid comes in”.
Arsenal’s initial bid for Cabaye was rejected by Newcastle and they have so far declined to improve it.
However, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is desperate to add some quality players to his squad before the transfer window closes and could renew his interest in Cabaye before Monday’s deadline.