‘Miracle’ for Madrid as they survive Dortmund onslaught.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid manage to survive in Germany while all eyes in Spain are now on the Camp Nou as Barcelona face Atletico Madrid.
– ‘A miracle’. Agony abounds as Madrid qualify against an unyielding Dortmund.
– Carlo Ancelotti’s men put on a terrible image and only improved when Isco and Casemiro entered the fray.
– Angel Di Maria missed a penalty, a mistake from Pepe and another from Illarra gifted the German their goals.
– A poor Madrid without Cristiano. He watched on anxiously from the bench.
– Iker Casillas kept the team alive with some key interventions. Casemiro, character and personality, he helped keep back the German avalanche.
– Jose Mourinho: “If we draw Madrid, we will enjoy it”.
– The European Cauldron, Atletico and Barca lock horns.
– Semi-finalists that have been warned.
– Casillas: “We have been given a warning, but better now than in the semis”.
– Madrid miss a penalty, gift two goals and play cowardly and were at the mercy of Dortmund.
– Chelsea progress in the final moment. Manchester United to take advantage of a weakened Bayern.
– Diego Costa will be a doubt until the final hour. Diego Simeone to go with David Villa and Adrian if he does not make it.
– Tata Martino wants to put Lionel Messi in a cage. He is considering putting the Argentine on the right wing and Cesc Fabregas in the centre.
– ‘Blockbuster Part 2’.
– Barca want to put an end to all the draws and get a win that will take them to the semis. Martino travels with everyone, including Carles Puyol.
– Atleti lose Arda Turan. Simeone: “If Costa does not play, Adrian will”.
– Martino: “What is most important is that we score first”.
– Madrid progress but not without a good scare.
– Mourinho qualifies in the dying moments.