Atleti heading to semi-finals for first time in 40 years.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as there is reaction to Atletico Madrid’s win over Barcelona with both Diego Simeone and the players receiving high praise.
– A formidable lesson in faith and conviction from Atleti’s fans. Diego Simeone’s men eliminate Barca with great football, courage, ambition and strategy and do it without Arda Turan or Diego Costa.
– Koke got the goal after a spell-bounding opening play. David Villa hit the post on two occasions and a penalty by Javier Mascherano was not called.
– Barca, nor Messi, nor Tata were at their best.
– 40 years of waiting. A mouth-watering draw awaits.
– Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich go into a most anticipated draw for the semi-finals at 12pm.
– Florentino Perez to Casemiro: “Very good kid”. The Brazilian gets praise from the rest of the team.
– Ronaldo tells him: “You have been very impressive”.
– Valencia’s ex-President Soler wanted to kidnap another Valencia ex-President, Soriano.
– Valencia and Sevilla looking for a comeback.
– Courage and heart.
– Because they fight like brothers defending their colours.
– Koke scored after 5 minutes to send Atletico to the semi-finals for the first time in 40 years.
– Barca were absent and Lionel Messi was a disaster.
– Simeone: “In the great battles, the best do not win but rather those with the best plan”.
– Barca were not at the level they needed to be for such a competition.
– Great Atleti: The Rojiblancos overcame the Azulgranas with faith and intensity and deservedly progressed to the semi-finals.
– The reigning Champions come back to qualify.
– Europa League: Sevilla have faith and Valencia need a miracle.