Barca and football bid farewell to Tito…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid prepare to ‘put out the fire’ against Bayern Munich in their second-leg Champions League clash.
Image courtesy of Marca.
– They make fire.
– Carlo Ancelotti does not fear the Germans and is going out to attack in Munich.
– Madrid are confident that the BBC will deliver in Germany as they prepare for the hostile environment that has been promised by Bayern director Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
– Villarreal ban banana-throwing fan for life.
– “We will make the final,” Gabi.
– An emotional goodbye to Tito.
– Firefighters Casillas and Cristiano.
– Ancelotti: “Rummenigge says that they were going to burn the trees, but, it is raining”.
– “I have read that Madrid are already in the final,” Guardiola. Bayern coach defiant as they look to overturn a one-goal deficit in the second leg on Tuesday night, but they will have to deal with the threat of the counter attack from Madrid who should have their attacking trident fit and ready to start.
– Barcelona and football say goodbye to Tito.
– Carlota and Adria, his children, emotional at the number and words of those present.
– Jordi Roura: “The only “ismo” he believe was Barcelonismo”.
– Dani Alves gets support the world over as footballers, coaches and politicians all take pictures eating banana.
– UCL: “I have read Madrid are already in the final”. Former Barca coach Guardiola hits out at pre-match talk and is hopeful of causing an upset.