Marca go with black background after shocking defeat in Brazil.
All the latest headlines from the Spanish newspapers with reaction to the 5-1 loss to Holland in their World Cup opener on Friday.
– Chile and Austrlia are two finals where we have to show our talent, and prove why we are champions.
– Crushing defeat to Holland leaves Spain in shock, as goals a brace each from Robin Van Persie and Arjen Robben lead to a 5-1 win after the defending champions had taken the lead.
– Critics and doubters get louder over Spain’s ability to hold on to their crown as they had predicted that the era had ended for this dominant side heading into a tournament that they were looking for a fourth consecutive triumph in.
– Iker Casillas has a poor game but things could have been different had David Silva scored to make it 2-0 and if the referee had given the free-kick on the Real Madrid goalkeeper for the third goal.
– Total defeat.
– Van Persie and Robben destroy the Spanish defence to secure a shocking win to start the tournament. Spain will now be under immense pressure as they face Chile next and will need to win in order to keep their hopes of retaining the World Cup alive.
– Friday the 13th.
– Holland get their revenge after defeat in South Africa four years ago with a stunning display as the Spanish defence is left in pieces. Pace, vision and execution ensure that the Dutch start Group B off with a win.