AS insist that players shouldn’t apologise as they owe them a lot for previous success.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as there is a mixed reaction to La Roja’s World Cup exit, with some lamenting woeful end to era.
– The End.
– Woeful ending to the most glorious era for La Roja. No repeat success for Spain this year, as after winning three consecutive tournaments, they fail to make it out of the group stages in the defence of their World Cup crown.
-It was nice while it lasted.
– Don’t say sorry, we owe you a lot, 2008 Vienna, 2010 Johannesburg, 2012 Kiev.
– Maracana marks the end of the glorious generation as Spain exit the World Cup after 2-0 defeat to Chile which follows their heavy loss against Holland to leave them with no chance of progressing in their final group game against Australia.
– Toni Kroos will decide after the World Cup.
– Barcelona sign Bravo for €12m.
– The champions wave goodbye to the World Cup without glory and with a lot of pain.
– Chile complete the total disaster for a group that come to the end of the cycle. Vicente Del Bosque considers his future and concedes that the Spanish FA will need to consider where they go from here if they are to evolve and return to the top in future years.
– Bravo done. Agreement between Barca, Real and the player.
– He will be an Azulgrana for four years and cost €12m.