Di Maria likely to be sacrificed in order to accommodate Rodriguez.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid move forward with their proposed plan to sign Monaco and Colombia star James Rodriguez.
– ‘Operation James’. Real Madrid plot move for Monaco star, however they may have to let Angel Di Maria leave in order to make the move happen.
– Colombian ace has lived up to expectations thus far in Brazil and continues to shine ahead of the quarter-final clash with the hosts.
– Luis Suarez apologises for his bite on Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini, reported as a way of smoothing over a move to Barcelona. Juventus stopper tells him that “all is forgotten”.
– Di Maria to be replaced by Rodriguez.
– Despite the Argentinian playing an integral role in Madrid’s success last year, the Spanish giants are desperate to sign Rodriguez and would be willing to let Di Maria leave if necessary.
– Rodriguez in high demand after starring in the World Cup, Monaco open to negotiations.
– Atletico Madrid negotiate with Levante for goalkeeper Keylor Navas after he continues heroics at World Cup with Costa Rica.
– Suarez apologises for biting Chiellini.
– British media suggest it is merely a ploy by Suarez to smooth over a move to Barcelona, with Liverpool reportedly unaware that he was making such a statement.
– Another move interpreted as a way for the Uruguayan international to push for a move away from England and join the Spanish giants. Meanwhile, Chiellini insists that he hopes that FIFA reduce his ban.