Negotiations take asking price down to €85m for the Colombian international.
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as it is Europe vs America at the Maracana on Sunday night with Lionel Messi looking to make history.
– The best setting, the best team, the best player, the highest goalscorer of all time in World Cups… and two eternal challenges.
– No European team has lifted the World Cup in America.
– The fourth star for Germany would threaten the historic reign of Brazil.
– One step away from God, Messi lurks around the throne.
– James is close. Monaco are already in negotiations with Madrid.
– Rybolovlev starts by asking for €115m and after meetings has lowered it to €85m.
– Brazil depart to boos. Selecao end World Cup with another big defeat and time will tell how many of these players will return, particularly after the humiliatation in the semi-final.
– Europe vs America at the Maracana.
– 100,000 Argentineans have taken over Rio de Janeiro.
– The re-sale price is around €10,000.
– Kroos and Messi lead the third final between Germany and Argentina.
– The final of the two popes. Football faces Francisco and Benedict XVI.
– Holland third. Only the referee, Djamel Halmoudi, was worse than Brazil.
– Di Maria, very close to PSG. The French club will pay €60m. His departure will likely give the Spanish giants the funds to secure deal for Rodriguez.
– Lionel Messi’s final challenge.
– Leo looks to make history and give Argentina their third title against favourites Germany.
– La Albiceleste trust in the Blaugrana player to unbalance the collective play of Low’s team.
– Van Gaal also humiliates Scolari.
– Reina: Suarez is an exceptional player, his signing is a success.