New faces at Barca emerge at training although Suarez is still absent…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Falcao nears full fitness after six months on the sidelines and Real Madrid are still an option.
– The madness.
– 108,000 people expected for Manchester United – Real Madrid. Pre-season friendly expected to bring in monstrous attendance as the European giants go head-to-head in the USA.
– Carlo Ancelotti confirms his starting line-up and reveals that Iker Casillas will start as goalkeeper, and with Diego Lopez set to leave while Keylor Navas is still waiting for his move to be completed, it remains to be seen whether or not the Spanish stopper is given a starting place in the new season despite speculation that he would leave.
– Falcao waiting. Monaco and Colombia star nears full fitness after six months on the sidelines with injury which forced him to miss the World Cup.
– However, speculation continues to suggest that Real Madrid may still be interested in him in becoming their new No.9, although it remains unclear as Ancelotti has previously suggested that he will not need any more strikers despite the sale of Alvaro Morata.
– New Barca.
– New era for the Catalan outfit under new Coach Luis Enrique, and they parade their new signings, minus Luis Suarez, at training with a significant amount of excitement over how they will fare.
– Ter Stegen and Claudio Bravo will fight for the starting gloves while Jeremy Mathieu will try to add defensive solidity. However, aside from Suarez, perhaps the most exciting acquisition this summer was Ivan Rakitic.
– Barca remain in the hunt for Marquinhos and Juan Cuadrado, but both appear to be difficult deals to make and so Thomas Vermaelen is the alternative.