Madrid still developing in pre-season while Barca new boys impress…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid Iker Casillas is singled out for criticism after his performance against Manchester United.
– Still in its infancy to the Super Cup.
– A great Gareth Bale and some key interventions from Pepe save a disappointing showing just 10 days from Cardiff.
– Iker Casillas continues his poor form and lacks his reflexes.
– Los Blancos went to the tournament in high hopes but leave a jaded side.
– Manchester United were superior physically and played better football.
– “Pantani was assassinated”; district attorney’s office reopen the Rimini case ten years later.
– Xavi saves Barca’s face. He came on in the second half and changed the game, earning an equaliser from the spot.
– Montoya went down injured.
– Miranda: The end of the speculation. He is convinced by El Cholo and will not listen to any offer.
– Casillas’s poor form continues.
– He was transparent for all three of United’s goals.
– Bale again was the best in a Madrid side without a number 9.
– Cristiano played 17 minutes.
– “It was difficult to say no to Barca, but, I am at home,” Koke. “I am not the best here, nor the leader, just another one more”.
– Xavi saves a tired Barcelona.
– Falcao shows good signs upon his return. “The injury is behind me,” Falcao.
– The signings respond.
– Jeremy Mathieu makes a promising debut, Ter Stegen and Ivan Rakitic also show good form.
– Barca improved after the break when Xavi entered the fray and equalised from the spot.
– Madrid have their colour taken away. Madrid end their tour a faded side.
– Luis Enrique: “We are working for another footballer to arrive”.