Barca discard pursuit of PSG starlet Marquinhos in favour of Belgian…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Barcelona are ready to make last push for Thomas Vermaelen while Karim Benzema renews with Real Madrid.
– Fully-fledged and indisputable.
– The most in-form Benzema renews until 2019. A No 9 forever. He has returned to the top and Carlo Ancelotti counts on him as a centre-forward for the Super Cup against Sevilla.
– The most complete footballer. For speed, agility, strength and endurance.
– Sports Illustrated set this world podium 1. LeBron 2. CR7 3. Bolt.
– Gamez the Atletico surprise. The right-back from Malaga signs for three seasons.
– Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo save and blunder. He started with a superb dive but later swallowed the goal.
– Mustafi, a world champion at Mestalla. His signing points towards an exciting Valencia side.
– Athletic, who said fear?. Arsenal, Zenit, Porto, Leverkusen or Napoli will be their rival in the Champions League.
– A push for Falcao. Manchester City put themselves in the running for the Colombian but the striker would prefer to play at Real Madrid.
– Atletico continue fighting with the goal. Mario Mandzukic showed glimpses but he wasted the clearest opportunity.
– Karim Benzema renews until 2019.
– Goalkeeping error from Bravo for the Napoli goal.
– Luis Enrique’s Barca still yet to get going.
– Final assault for Thomas Vermaelen.
– Barca travelled yesterday to London to finalize the signing of the Arsenal centre-back. Marquinhos has been discarded, the Belgian is the objective, but United are pressing.
– Offer from Monaco for Di Maria. €55m.
– Unfair defeat for Barca. They dominated throughout but a unfortunate moment from debutant Bravo gave the win to Napoli.
– Nine home grown players in the starting XI.
– The last opening.
– The Argentinean League starts.