Madrid looking to overtake Barcelona with number of official titles…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Carlo Ancelotti and Diego Simeone go head-to-head for the Supercopa de Espana on Friday night.
– ‘Title to title’.
– Two champions battle it out for national supremacy. Diego Simeone’s Atletico fight for their fifth cup since 2012.
– Carlo Ancelotti’s Madrid battle for their fourth trophy.
0 Real Madrid 78-78 Barcelona. A tiebreaker in official titles.
– The League moves forward…without Murcia.
– The judge allows their relegation punishment to be effective for missed payments to the Tax Office. Only 22 teams will play in Segunda, amongst them Mirandes.
– Fazio opens the door. Tottenham will pay the €10m clause. He could travel to London today.
– The Submarino conquest Kazakhstan. Xabi Prieto gives them a narrow lead.
– ‘Super Pulse’.
– Ancelotti will submit Cristiano Ronaldo to a fitness test before the game to decide if he plays.
– Simeone ponders whether to stay with the same team or play Antoine Griezmann from the start.
– Murcia will play in Segunda B. The commercial judge recoils and Segunda will start on Saturday with Mirandes.
– Atletico welcome their executioners of the Champions League final with the Super Cup to play for.
– Villarreal put the tie to bed. Absolute superiority against Astana.
– Real’s lead remains narrow. Xabi Prieto’s goal seems a narrow advantage.
– Alves: ‘Barca are looking for my substitute, don’t tell me stories’.
– ‘Alves hits back’.
– The full-back criticises himself and fires a shot against the directors, fans and Press.
– ‘I’m staying for Luis Enrique and I have a contract until 2016. Criticise me for what I do on the pitch. The club have doubts over me and they should have told me’.
– Masia case. ‘It’s unfair on the kids and for the families’. We speak to a mother of one of the affected.
– Segunda A. The League will start tomorrow with 22 teams and without Murcia.
– Super night of football. Atleti have the slight advantage and Ancelotti confirms that Angel Di Maria has asked to leave.