CR7 arrives on the scene and ensures a winning start to the new La Liga season…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid win their La Liga opener against Cordoba, but fail to impress in the process.
– Real Madrid can not find the spark and suffer backlash from supporters. However, Karim Benzema ends his scoring drought with a superb header as Cristiano Ronaldo enters the field and scores the second.
– Defending champions Atletico Madrid held by Rayo Vallecano as they get off to a frustrating start, with Diego Simeone now serving his touchline ban to add to their problems.
– Barcelona starlet Munir continues to make the front-pages after his goal-scoring debut on the weekend.
– Real Madrid suffered until Cristiano appeared.
– Good performance from Cordoba adds to the Madrid frustration. However, Carlo Ancelotti has been forced to re-think without Angel Di Maria.
– Further coverage of Diego Simeone’s ban. The Argentinian Coach will miss significant time on the touchline after his actions during the Supercopa de Espana victory over Real Madrid last week.
– San Mames record ahead of Athletic Bilbao vs Napoli. 50,000 fans expected at the stadium for the Champions League second leg clash, with the Spaniard holding the advantage with a 1-1 aggregate.
– Luis Enrique’s formula.
– From the roles of Andres Iniesta and Sergio Busquets to the integration of Ivan Rakitic. Munir emerges after impressive debut performance and then there is the expected arrival of Douglas from Sao Paulo.