Loss of Di Maria and Alonso could prove to be disastrous for the European champions…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo reveals that the club perhaps made mistakes this summer.
– Cristiano’s word.
“My opinion is very clear but I can’t always say what I think…If I was in charge I wouldn’t have done things like this…But if the President thinks the best thing for the team is to sign the players he signed and let others leave you must respect and support his decisions…With the new players the style will change, but it could change for the best or the worse. Hopefully it is for the best as they are players of a very good level…Di Maria and Xabi were very important for us, but they are no longer here and we must be happy with the new players. I’m sure it will all go well. Ancelotti has a lot of experience and knows what the team needs and doesn’t need. We lost but there is no need for alarm, we have to let the boss work in peace…Next week I will be 100 per cent for the ‘derbi’.”
– Chicharito inherits Xabi’s No 14. Manchester United striker joins on loan until June, his purchase is valued at €22m.
– Alvaro Negredo to Valencia and Falcao to United, the best market leaders.
– The window closes with few last-minute surprises.
– Rayo, with 20 signings, a La Liga record.
– “If I was in charge I wouldn’t do things like this”.
– 79 per cent of fans think Real Madrid have weakened their squad and Cristiano appears to agree.
– A muted Florentino presented Chicharito.
– Record spending on signings by Atletico: €112.1m.
– Negredo loaned to Valencia with a €27m option to buy.
– Falcao goes to United for €65m.
– Messi, Sandro, Munir.
– Wild Youth. Luis Enrique has laid his hands on goalscorers from the ‘quarry’ to replace Luis Suarez.
– Leo has shared the attack with two ‘killers’, young and made at home.
– The leaders’ secrets. Barca are unbeaten, have six points, have grown in defence, possess a luxurious bench and maintain constant pressure.
– Andres Iniesta, without a replacement. Del Bosque will not call up anyone to substitute Andres against France.