Portuguese international’s 17 goals in Europe last season provides Los Blancos with hope…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid begin their Champions League defence on Tuesday night and Cristiano Ronaldo will be key.
– The Champions’ challenge. Real Madrid’s triple test.
– To win two consecutive European Cups; nobody has done it within the Champions League format.
– To react against Basel and put right the bad start to the season.
– To convince the Santiago Bernabeu to turn the whistles against Iker Casillas into an ovation.
– The return of the brave. Arda leads the new Atletico assault on the Champions League against former Madrid player Michel’s Olympiacos.
– Roberto, an ex-Rojiblanco in the Greek goal.
– The Barca-Madrid game on March 22 has changed the date of the Moto Grand Prix.
– “They told me not to be so uncouth”.
– Bartomeu moves on.
– Eibar 0 Depor 1: a Juan Dominguez goal conquers Ipurua.
– Cristiano pulls the wagon.
– His 17 goals in the last edition of the Champions League gives the holders faith.
– Carlo Ancelotti: “The goalkeeping debate is now closed. I won’t speak of it again”.
– Atletico begin against Olympiacos. Michel: “There is something very important in Diego Simeone being boss”.
– The tax agency director: “The tax office has not signed up for nor supervised control of La Liga”.
– Russia denies an entry visa to AS’s correspondent at the Coach’s meeting.
– The newspaper had noticed the wrong date.
– Juan Dominguez gives Depor a first triumph.
– Go and get them Messi.
– Messi 67. Leo will fight Cristiano for the record Champions League goalscorer title held by Raul.
– The No 1 training facility will be called Tito Vilanova.
– The ‘questions’ over the Accion de Responsibilidad.
– Real Madrid-Basel: a tense atmosphere.
– Insults and kicks to the players’ cars in Valdebebas.