Confident Madrid look for first win at Anfield…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Real Madrid prepare to face Liverpool at Anfield on Wednesday night in their Champions League clash.
– A thunderclap at Anfield.
– A confident Madrid look for their first victory at a legendary stadium.
– Cristiano, two goals away from Raul as top scorer in the Champions League.
– Gerrard-Casillas, showdown of legends.
– Luis Enrique saves power; he takes off Neymar and Messi after goals from both sealed the match.
– No room for error in Europe. Simeone shows no leniency. El Cholo, with all his artillery but without confidence.
– “Anyone who has watched little football will say that this is an easy opponent”.
– This is Anfield and this is Cristiano.
– Mandzukic and Griezmann, the forward line against Malmo. Simeone will field a ‘trivote’ from the youth team: Mario, Saul and Koke.
– This time yes they did substitute Messi; it was in the 65th minute with the Clasico in mind; he made one goal and scored another.
– Defeat with another mistake from Iraizoz. Athletic continue their results crisis in the Champions League.
– Now for El Clasico.
– Barca put on an exhibition for an hour, score two great goals and then think about Madrid.
– Lucho risks putting Neymar and Iniesta on the bench, and Messi!
– Leo praises Luis Suarez: “He is impressive and we are eagerly awaiting him”.
– Real against history: they have never beaten the Reds.
– Atleti want the Vikings to know who is in control.
– What Bavarians! Guardiola’s Bayern were in control at 0-5 after 30 minutes.