Abidal set to return to Barcelona in new role…
All the latest headlines from the newspapers in Spain as Raphael Varane eyes Real Madrid improvement while Cristiano is favourite for the Ballon d’Or.
– Varane promises more.
– We can play even better. “I’m only thinking about Madrid. We have the quality to keep the ball or play on the counter-attack”.
– “Hierro and I spend a lot of time together and I’m proud they compare me to him”.
– Rotations for everyone: Carlo Ancelotti has it in his mind that everybody spends some time on the bench to save the squad’s strength.
– Gerard Pique has games left: he knows his behaviour has made him a substitute and he wants to turn the situation around.
– Nine No 9’s bless Alcacer.
– Another ‘mister’ in La Liga: Moyes today takes the reins at Real Sociedad. The Scottish Coach is the 19th British boss in the history of La Liga.
– The African Nations Cup, in danger: Morocco, thrown out for not organising it.
– Super-favourite for the Ballon d’Or.
– Cristiano pays 1.13 to 1, Messi 8.50 to 1, Neuer 16.25 to 1.
– The three finalists will be known on December 1.
– Morocco abandons the African Nations Cup: fear of Ebola forces them to give up: FIFA reacts with their expulsion.
– Bruno the substitute for Cesc: the Chelsea player failed the medical procedure and returned to London.
– Nolito: “I can adapt. I’ll do the best I possibly can”.
– Abby Wambach: “What FIFA is doing to the girls is a clear violation of human rights”.
– Laporta sends out the questionnaires: he would win with 33.8 per cent. Bartomeu would keep 17.9 per cent.
– Eric Abidal returns to Barca.
– The player and the Blaugrana club have reached an agreement for him to come back as director of football for schools.
– Eric has made the decision and it will be ratified once he leaves active football.
– Thomas Vermaelen: His debut could be in the Cup against Huesca (December 3).
– National team: Cesc fails the tests and Del Bosque calls up Bruno.
– Sergio Ramos’ contract renewal suffers a setback.